- Of Counsel
866-745-6359 (Toll Free)
Mark's practice focuses on estate planning, tax planning, business planning, estate and trust administration and real estate, including planned charitable giving. Mark has been called a "natural born teacher," who spends about half of his time with his clients listening to their needs. He then details each estate planning option and helps his clients understand and plan the best course of action to achieve their goals. He believes that wealth should not be a wedge that drives family members apart.
Mark holds the Accredited Estate Planner designation from the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils, and an A-V (highest) peer rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mark loves the law and enjoys explaining how estate planning and administration work not only to clients, but to paralegals, lawyers and other professionals working in related fields such as insurance and investments.
Mark has been a continuing education lecturer and program planner for Colorado attorneys since 1992. He was awarded the Doyle Award of Excellence in 2008 by CLE, Inc. of the Colorado Bar Association for his contributions to continuing legal education and publications. Mark is an adjunct faculty member of the Paralegal Department of Arapahoe Community College and a Lab Instructor for the University of Denver College of Law. Since 2009, Mark has been recognized in 5280 and ColoradoBiz magazines for "Five Star" client satisfaction among Colorado estate planning attorneys, and is recognized in those publications as a "Colorado Superlawyer" since 2011.
Areas Of Practice
- Estate Planning and Tax Practice
- Legacy Planning
- Small Business / Entity Formation
- Corporate / LLC / LLP / Tax Counsel
- Business Transactions
- Estate Administration
- Real Estate
- Colorado, 1983
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1983
- Washburn University School of Law, Topeka, Kansas
- J.D. - 1982
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
- B.A. - 1979
- Colorado Will and Estate Planner, Bradford Publishing, 2004
- Colorado Will and Estate Planner, Bradford Publishing, 2003
- Subtle Screw Ups: Twenty-Six Ways to Sabotage an Irrevocable Life insurance Trust, The Colorado Lawyer, Vol. 27, No. 1, 1998
- Bequest of Life: Organ and Tissue Donation as a Part of a Through Estate Plan, The Colorado Lawyer, Vol. 25, No. 4, 1996
- The new Colorado Statutory Power of Attorney for Property, 23 The Colorado Lawyer 2527, 1994
Honors and Awards
- Colorado Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Colorado Superlawyer
- Doyle Award of Excellence - CLE Inc.
- A-V rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- CBA Trust and Estate Section, Member
- CBA Tax Section, Member